Choni! (Hello in Kurdish)
I sit on my chair with a pen in my hand and
I wonder. I wonder when someone asks “where are you from?” what should I answer?
Do I have to have one accent with one passport with one language with one
family all from the same place, for me to call that place home? Do I belong to
only one place? Do I even belong to any place? I wonder if anyone would
mind if I call their country my home. Am I allowed to call Australia my home
when I live there, then when I go to Iraq, call that my home? I don’t feel like
I belong anywhere.
I am perplexed, so can you please help? I’ve
been to 6, maybe 7 countries, but most I’ve only lived for a year or less. Can I
live for a year somewhere and call that my home? I have an Australian accent
with three passports coming from Belgium, Australia and Iraq. English is my second
language with Arabic being the first although I only know how to speak it. My parents
come from Iraq, but I’ve only lived in Iraq for three years, and not in a row.
So where is my home? Do I really need to name just one place and call that ‘home’?
I think I can call the place where I memorize most of the streets and buildings,
my home! Is that fair enough? ;)
| The window and view from my bed room in Australia |
Iraq is divided. Does Iraq have a north? Is
there anything north of Iraq? Is it just Baghdad and then a border into Kurdistan?
Am I allowed to call Kurdistan apart my
home? I promise I’ll remember the streets and buildings and I’ll even learn Kurdish. :)
These words that I am writing now, they are
written in Suleimani. I’ll leave you
with the words Sir Chaw! And enjoy my stay and hopefully (please pray with me) a
permanent stay in Sulaimani!
| Ramathan Mubark my loyal readers :) Don't forget, Ramadan is more then food at the end of the day ;) |
The song at the top didn't take me long to find. He has an amazing voice and I hope you'll enjoy :)
Band:
Lowtalk (Bass)
Otto Flath (Lead Guitar)
Justin Wiley (Drums)
To listen to my original music, please check out my website at:
http://www.tamdmusic.com
Video filmed by:
Josh Litman of Action Potential Productions
[http://www.actionpp.com]
Michael Scolaro of Michael Scolaro Photography and Design
[http://michaelscolaro-p-d.com/]
Sound mixed by:
Paul Mack of Solar Sound Studios
[http://solarsoundstudios.com/]
Video edited by:
Josh Litman
Lowtalk (Bass)
Otto Flath (Lead Guitar)
Justin Wiley (Drums)
To listen to my original music, please check out my website at:
http://www.tamdmusic.com
Video filmed by:
Josh Litman of Action Potential Productions
[http://www.actionpp.com]
Michael Scolaro of Michael Scolaro Photography and Design
[http://michaelscolaro-p-d.com/]
Sound mixed by:
Paul Mack of Solar Sound Studios
[http://solarsoundstudios.com/]
Video edited by:
Josh Litman
No comments:
Post a Comment